Applications Open Now!
If you are:
- a college student graduating at least one semester after completion of the REU, or a high school senior attending college in the Fall
- interested in a major that is within the computational science umbrella (leaves out few majors as it includes all sciences, mathematics, engineering, finance, statistics, computational humanities, etc.),
- with at least a 2.75 GPA,
- considering a career in research and/or graduate school in your major, and
- a US citizen or permanent resident.
If you are completing your Freshmen through Junior year at Lee High School, you can apply for a position in our REHSS. Please check the guidelines and submission details on the REHSS application page.
To apply you MUST complete the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Send an e-mail with a 500 word statement as an attachment in "PDF" format covering the following:
- Your career goals
- Why you chose your major.
- Why you believe you will benefit from a research experience.
- Contributions you could make to the research group you are applying to work with.
- Which project(s) you are interested in.
- In your online application, provide the name and e-mail addresses of two faculty members at your college or university. We will directly send them a request for a recommendation letter via a personalized link. Please ask the faculty to agree to make sure you get to give a presentation about your REU experience at your university (for example, at a student organization meeting, seminar series, or in his/her class).
- Send a copy of your current college transcript by:
- Get a copy of your transcript from your college/university's Registrar's office. We won't accept screenshots or "save as" transcripts obtained from the university's website.
- Scan the transcript and email it to Jennifer Fontenot at the e-mail address below.
- If you are a high school senior attending college in the Fall, please scan your high school transcript.
CCT REU Program Office
Either by e-mail:
reu -at- cct.lsu.edu, e-mail subject: REU Applications,
340 E. Parker Blvd.
LSU CCT Digital Media Center
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
Fax: (225) 578-8902, Attn. Jennifer Fontenot
To be considered as an applicant, you need to submit all the required documents by application deadline of March 1, 2017.
For questions or concerns regarding these requirements, please don't hesitate to contact Juana Moreno at moreno -at- cct.lsu.edu.
Students who meet the above requirements and complete the entire application process will be considered for selection. Selection for the REU will be made by faculty and research staff at CCT.
Successful applications will receive a competitive stipend and on campus housing. Stipends will be $5000.00 for the ten week period paid over four pay periods. The award will also pay up to $600 for travel expenses. Housing will be in LSU apartments which are four bedroom, two bath apartments. Each participant will have their own bedroom. List of requirements for the dorms.